emrupdate.com
emrupdate.com
Unbiased independant EMR discussions.

News Round up 05/31/2011

Translate

rated by 0 users Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 0 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 10 Contributor
Male
2,863 Posts
Points 40,228
Nick Harrington posted on Tue, May 31 2011 8:52 AM

These are the news stories I grabbed today for your interest:

EMR

Microsoft HealthVault to “complement, not compete with” UK NHS National Programme for IT

This just breaking in London, that Microsoft HealthVault will coexist alongside the CSC managed NHS National Programme for IT.

Farrar said the firm expects to co-exist with NPfIT systems such as the Care Records Service (CRS). He said of HealthVault: "It's a secure technology on the internet that a patient can sign in to and have a richer engagement with a hospital," he says. "There's more complexity in the information on HealthVault than on the CRS.

"It has been used in the US, where different healthcare providers produce different applications to work with it, and I can see that SLaM will probably write applications in HealthVault to help it share information."

Capital BlueCross & Heritage Medical Group team up with new well-patient approach

Two providers get incentives to keep patients well, rewarding quality care.

Image ©Scott Turner / GIG HARBOR LIFE

911 Medical ID Card (USB)

How many times has one of our eminent EMR experts talked about EMR on a Stick. This isn't too far away as a personal EMR on a thumb-drive. But I wonder if this is perhaps 4 years too late. Take a look at the SOS 4 Life applications. I know where my iPhone is. I don't know where I left my USB drive.

Planning and Executing a Successful EMR Rollout Always worth a double-check-list of things to watch for, but does every Practice get really organized.

MDland to demonstrate Iclinic® Certified HER for Oncology at 2011 ASCO Annual Meeting

MobiuSoft, Flint, Michigan to recruit 150 employees as digital medical record program takes off Excellent PR spin. Recruiting just 10 new staff still qualifies as recruiting "up to 150" new employees. Good luck all the same.

News

The process of improvement for sepsis patients < Get the patient out of A&E a quickly as you can.

Health Information Privacy: Search for your Hospital on the full dataset of breaches Wonder if your local hospital is listed with Data breaches?

Doctor’s urge kids and teens to avoid energy drinks I swear by the juice from grapes (red and rosé)

What Nurses can learn from Aviation

Tech

Growth in Microservers changing the data center

Medical

dengue

Google Dengue Trends around the world

Oncolytic Viruses a key to Cancer Trials

Deep-brain stimulation in intra-operative MRI for Parkinson’s Surgery

New fast-acting Bayer Aspirin hits the shelves

Update on patient “cured of AIDS/HIV”

Does stress increase the risk of MS

Biomaterial mimics the properties of native human tissue

Direct to Customer genetics test inaccurate, some should be banned

Precision-tinted lenses fight migraines

Meaningful Use

Still looking for some interesting stories this morning …

Mobile

Cell phone radiation damages DNS, brain and sperm This one always resurfaces every year. More science needed to prove or disprove this public safety concern.

Speed Dialer App for Android phones

Miscellaneous

What Wayne Gretzky can teach us about fixing our Health-Care System

Try some physical computing – Arduino Uno microcontroller board based on ATmega328

I was built for the long run, not for the short dash, I guess.
- William Shatner

Did I miss any breaking news stories?

Nick

Nick Harrington or Skype: nickharrington emrupdate.com
If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of Giants" Sir Isaac Newton 1676

• Filed under:
  • | Post Points: 5

All Replies

Page 1 of 1 (1 items) | RSS
©2011 emrupdate.com. All rights reserved. | Acceptable Use Policy | Proud to be supported by the following EMR Vendor Sponsors:

eClinicalWorks | DescriptMED | ELLKAY | EMR Experts |  Medical Office Online | NextGen | TSI Healthcare